Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Encouraging news about our daughters

Another adoptive family met our new Ethiopian daughters while in Ethiopia. This is the note they wrote to us. It teared us up and gave us great hope that they want to be in our family. We are so thankful to their father for blessing us with his daughters.

Dear Parents of ***** & ****,
I just came from the care center where I met your children. Oh you are blessed indeed. May I suggest you get a box of tissues, for you will see you will need it.

I was allowed to take pictures of your children. In fact, they were expecting me. I took a lot of pictures and they allowed me to video them as well opening the gifts you prepared. They gazed into each picture. You will see this on the video. They took every single thing out and then their friends gathered around to study your pictures. Each items was then carefully placed back in the bag like they were the most important things in their lives. They hugged the full bags. It was precious. While that was happening I asked the director if there is anything she would like you to know.

She does want you to know this: I gather you had a court date today. I was not told the outcome, but this I was told. An I got every word on video.

The children’s father went to the court hearing then came to the care center to say goodbye to **** & *****. Everyone was in tears. I am misty just writing this to you. Their father is old and he works hard as a laborer and makes very little money. One of your daughters fell asleep in his arms while they were at the center. Your children were and are loved deeply.

***** decided to write you a note from the paper and pen you gave her. She disappeared for a while she worked on it. We did not know where she went so we gathered into the car and said ciao. And then I saw her. Tears were running down her face. She was afraid we were going to leave without her note to you. The director translated the note to you on the video so you will know what it says. It is entirely in Amharic. I have the note. It is absolutely precious. I will mail it to you when we return to the States.

Your quiver will be bursting at the seams. You are blessed, indeed. I am so happy for you!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!Such heartfelt and touching blog...I teared- up too, these children seem so grateful and anxious to come home to you all... that's so cool. I wonder if they know they are going to California?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your good news. :o)
    Kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise be to God. My heart is breaking for them and their father and so grateful that they are ready to enter your loving Mama arms.

    ReplyDelete