Friday, March 21, 2008

This week

This has been one of the busier weeks for me. I thought since we had the week off of school we would have some free time. I thought wrong. I can hardly sit down! We've hit the pharmacy three times, two different Targets (we ended up finding some reasonably priced patio furniture that is on sale), Social Security Office to try and get Anna and Adah SS numbers, Costco, and visited with a friend for a few hours. Writing it down it doesn't seem that we've gone that many places, but I must be missing a lot. Got that foggy brain going on.

Sarah and Joe were down in Mexico so two of my helpers were gone. They had a great time down there. Their job this time was to pour 700 sq ft of concrete.

Jesse has done such a great job that his boss asked him what he thought about becoming a supervisor. He's only been there for three-four months and he just turned eighteen! Good job, Jesse! He doesn't know if he wants to take it though. He's thinking it through. His main responsiblity for the next four years is his schooling, his job will have to come second in line.

Receiving more of our mail-orders for our new daughters. I've been buying them dresses from LL Bean and Gymboree. We're pretty much dresses only, but around the house sometimes we wear pants. I'm finding that most places don't have the bicycle shorts that used to be available when Sarah was little. I always put bicycle shorts on her under dresses so she could play and not show anything. Bicycle shorts work better than other shorts because they're longer and they don't expose anything when you look up the leg. Does that make sense? Anyways modesty is my motto. My friend, Helen, used to tell me, "Don't put anything on them when they're little that you don't want them to wear when their big." So we've never done bikinis, two piece bathing suits, one piece bathing suits without board shorts on over, short-shorts or even mid-thigh shorts (except soccer shorts for soccer), short dresses (have to hit at least the bottom of the knee), no spaghetti straps, no back bearing or cleavage bearing dresses. Basically we stay covered and modest.

Hope you enjoy your Good Friday. I'm going to dr. for my blood pressure. I got called to the drs office, much like when the teacher calls someone to the front of the class. I need to go to Target and buy Easter egg stuff for our Easter egg hunt. Go on our Friday afternoon date lunch. Then hopefully the rest of the day I can lounge. (That is if little Adah & Anna stay out of mischief.) (Nah......what am I thinking?!)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy schedule, you gotta do what you gotta do, to stay on on top of thing and organized.
    About the bike shorts you are looking for, do you have a seamstress that could make them for you and could coordinate them with the clothing the girls have, what about sporting good store, they must have bike shorts there.
    I agree with you wanting everyone to cover-up and looking modest, otherwise you can attract unwanted attention and harm.

    God bless you all & Happy Easter, you are always in my prayers hope you pray for me and my family too. Cant wait to see the pictures of your new daughters.

    ReplyDelete