Friday, March 14, 2008

Time to take care of myself

It's time to take care of myself. My primary care doctor's office called yesterday and they want me to come in next Friday. My blood pressure was 180/10? last week when I went to the gynecologist. It went down a little, but I am on high blood pressure medicine and did take it that morning so it shouldn't have been that high.

Then as I was eating dinner my gynecologist called because I had left a message the day before. My orders are to rest. I'm on the fence as to if I need a D&C because I'm anemic. She doesn't feel I have any cushion if I bleed heavily even for just two hours. I'm to head to the emergency room. My bleeding has slowed way down, so I think I'm okay. I'm to see her six-eight weeks if everything returns to normal.

She also described me as "stoic." I asked her what that was and she replied, "You're tough, you can handle this" type of person. I replied that I think I've just been this way for so long it is "normal" for me, the heavy bleeding that is. So I looked up what stoic meant. Stoic: calm and patient during times of trouble or distress. Okay, I agree with that. I've just never heard that term used to describe me before in that capacity. People always tell me how patient I am with children, but I don't think I'm any more patient than the next person.

I went up to bed after dinner because I just didn't feel right and slept for an hour and a half. My orders from Steve are to take it easy today. If the weather holds out we're supposed to go on a "Sunset" plane ride over the beach. I bought this for Steve for his Christmas present back in 2006 and we've just never taken advantage of it. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so I don't know if the company will want to go out or not, and I know we won't see a sunset because it's already gray outside.

I'm going to rest, drink hot tea, read some books, and cuddle with the kids who are coughing and have runny noses.

2 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself. You sound like your body needs some rest time and focused attention. Hope you have a happy Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vikki, you definitely need to take a day or two just to relax and get better. I will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete