Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yardwork

Saturday we took the day to work outside and do yardwork. Steve started our ride-on mower and mowed a little and then let me take her for a ride. John hooked the trailer to the back of the mower and he sat in it while we rode around the yard cutting the grass. It took all day to mow the back, side, and side-front, but it's something we have to do a few times each year after the rains.

We keep our grass short-short so we and the crows can spot rattlesnakes.

Steve weedeated our creekbed. I'm too old to do it now. It's too hard on my arms to hold that weed whipper so I get to do the easy job of riding the mower.

Afterwards he took us out for an Italian dinner where we were blessed to have our friends Jerry & Dianna join us. The unexpected blessings are the best!

1 comment:

  1. I get the willies when you mention rattlesnake's, anyone in your family been bitten by them? I know Saundra has told me Doc killed several with his shovel, I remember when I last visited there, Saundra wore high boots in the garden because of the snakes YIKES!
    Hope you all had a great Easter.
    How much is gas out there now?

    ReplyDelete