Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jesse's graduation

Taylor pinning Jesse's graduation cap on. Jesse, Sarah and Adah
Jesse walking down the aisle with the other graduates.
The graduates came down from the stage and presented their families (moms) with a yellow rose. This is Jesse giving me mine.
Vikki, Steve & Jesse
Jesse & Sarah
Our family-we're missing Joe & Adah because he had taken her out for me. She was quite noisy and we were in the second row from the front, right in the middle.
Jesse receiving his diploma.
Jesse giving his speech.
Jesse's graduation speech. Each of the graduates were able to give a 1-1/2 minute speech if they wanted to.

"Over the past few years I have felt God's calling in my life to pursue studies in philosophy, science and religious studies so that I may be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks me for the hope that is in me, with all gentleness and respect. This fall, I will be attending San Diego Christian College to pursue this calling. I believe God is calling me to do this because He wants me to defend His Word from those who would oppose it. I have grown greatly in my walk with God through my high school years and I would like to thank everyone who has helped me to achieve this and everyone who has helped prepare me for college.

I would like to thank Mr. and Mrs. Stormoen and Mrs. Nelson for being awesome teachers at class day, preparing me for college, and teaching me to think intelligently while applying the Bible.

I would like to thank Shad Oakes, my Youth Pastor, for being an amazing role model, helping me to have a deeper relationship with God, challenging me everyday to live for God and to be like Christ.

I would like to thank my friends an family for always being there if I needed them, for loving me whole heartedly, and for always keeping a smile on my face even if I was down.

I would like to thank my Mom for helping me to be prepared for life, her tireless effort at getting me through school, her self-sacrificing attitude, her love for me, and for being my Mom.

I would like to thank my Dad for providing me with a knowledge of the Bible that is beyond value, for making me a soldier of Christ, and showing me how to be a man and one day a father.

Lastly I would like to thank God for everything. To Him be all the Glory.
Thank you."




2 comments:

  1. Very nice pictures ...Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that was beautiful! What a testimony to you guys - to see a "modern day" teen with such passion for God, and an appreication for his parents and family! Gives me goosebumps! Thank you for sharing this! I can only pray and trust that my own children will have this desire as they continue to learn and grow! Congratulations on another graduation! Kelli Baird

    ReplyDelete