Thursday, June 5, 2008

Used Curriculum Sales

Today our ISP had a used curriculum sale. Sellers included moms who have students graduating, books that didn't quite work out for a family, or students that have grown older with no littles after them in the family gave many shoppers an opportunity for some great deals. I was one of the fortunate shoppers who found some great steals deals.

I shopped one ladies area who had lots and lots of A Beka books, many of them for younger and upper elementary. I stacked and stacked and asked for a total. $40 I was told. $40?!!! Are you kidding me?! I totaled up what I would have spent if I had bought them new and I would have spent $213.00. I saved $173.00.

I walked on and visited when I came to a friend I hadn't seen in a while. When you've been home schooling for nineteen years you come across ALOT of old acquaintances at these types of events.


I found a current Chalk Dust Basic Math set in Video Cassette from for $30. The textbook itself sells for $65. The solutions manual is $35.00. Then she threw in a Pre-Algebra set for free because the textbook is missing some pages. It's not current, but maybe I'll run across someone who has the book fully in tact.


My heart just couldn't take any more great deals, but I came across more. I'm teaching a Learning with Games class at our ISP next school year and my friend was selling thirteen learning games for $1.00 each. There were Bingo games of various kinds, phonics games, rhyming words games, and a puzzle of the USA.


This was only the first sale of the year. I can't imagine what other great deals I'm going to come across. Get out there and shop and visit and you'll find some great deals too!

No comments:

Post a Comment