Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Beach, Amazon.com, Costco and Crazy Thoughts

My title about sums up my day today. I headed out bright and early to La Jolla Shores for our twice a month mom's group. Only one other mom showed up, and that was right when we were getting ready to leave. I would have stayed, but I had promised my whiny teenaged daughter that we could go. She was cold and wanted to go shopping with her friend. Note to self: Leave whiny teenage girl at home when it's cold; you'll have more fun.

The sun wasn't shining and there was a chill in the air. The sky was gray with clouds and the sand was wet. The boys were having fun though. They built a sandcastle with their hands and swam in the COLD water. We headed home and wouldn't you know, just as we hit Hwy 52 the sun was shining. We're talking five minutes away. There was a sixteen degree temperature change from the beach to my house. It was 91 at my house today, summertime hot.

Before we went to the beach I went shopping online. I started browsing Large Family Logistics (you can find the link to the right) and found a book that looked interesting, and since I am a book queen, I had to have it. The book is The Family Nobody Wanted by Helen Doss. You can find it at Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Family-Nobody-Wanted-Helen-Doss/dp/155553502X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-6704819-8714428?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181785016&sr=8-1

I also bought Loved By Choice: True Stories That Celebrate Adoption and Acres of Hope: The Miraculous Story of One Family's Gift of Love to Children...

At the beach I started reading Pigs In a Taxi and Other African Adventures by Suzanne Crocker. A hilarious book about her missionary times in Africa. I'm just in to the first few pages and I love this book. If you like missions you need to get it! (If you look it up on Amazon the description of the book they have has nothing to do with the book. Oops!)

Now onto Costco. Our oldest son graduates Friday from the California Highway Patrol Academy. He's been in the program for the last six months and ranks tenth out of 160. They started with well over two hundred and many were fired or dropped out. He's done a great job and we're very proud of him. Anyways, we're throwing him a party on Saturday. We ordered six huge deli sandwiches which should feed about 150 people. I ordered a cake from Costco and bought salads, fruit, cookies, etc.... to go with it. We still need to get the table ware, but we're almost there! We're gone Friday to the graduation so my hubby didn't want me to have to cook. What a guy!

I also bought shoes from Target. I need to dress-up for the graduation ceremon in Sacramento, and my dress-up shoes are not comfy at all. We leave bright and early Friday a.m. to fly up and don't return until late p.m. I found a pair of black ballet flat type shoes as a back-up. I'm all about comfort, almost too old to worry too much about style anymore.

Crazy Thoughts: I feel a pull towards Liberia and adoption. I have an inkling this is the Lord's doing and He's preparing us. It just came out of no where. We don't even have our two from Ethiopia home and I'm thinking about more?! I talked to Steve and he said we'll talk, but maybe we need to get the girls home and settled first and go from there. Sounds good. Crazy thoughts keep runnin' through my brain though! I printed off paperwork from Acres of Hope Liberia. We'll see where the Lord leads...............................

No comments:

Post a Comment