Friday, June 8, 2007

New Bathing Suit

I've decided it's time for a new swimsuit this year. I was also convicted that since I make my teenage daughter wear long board shorts over her suit that I should "cover up" as well. For the last twenty years or so I've always worn a suit with an attached skirt, but you know how short those are. They're longer than a regular suit, but still short. As I was looking for board shorts I came across this site: www.junonia.com What I found excited me enough to make a purchase!
It's a long, knee length swim skirt! Now I won't feel so "naked" if I see someone I know at the beach this summer.


What you may not know about me is that I don't wear shorts anymore. A few years ago my husband asked me to not wear pants or shorts. I do have two pair of exercise type lounge pants that I wear when I just don't feel like ironing or I know I'm not going anywhere and want to get dressed quickly. I had one of these pants on the other day when my daughter-in-law stopped by, and she was freaking out because she had never seen me in pants.


I have found that for the most part I like to wear dresses and skirts. Since I've gotten used to being more covered up I thought extending the cover-up over to my swimwear only made sense. I also don't show any cleavage. Years ago my boys were quite concerned when they could see, and realized that other people could see my cleavage. Since then I've bought scoopneck type swimsuits, no more v-necks. When I was nursing it really made it a challenge, but I would just put a blanket/towel over myself when we needed to nurse at the beach.


Change is a process, and sometimes it takes years, and sometimes I just "get it." This year I'm "getting it."

2 comments:

  1. Love the suits! Isn't is neat how we are growing together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate swim suits! I might just check one of those out. IF I wear one, I wear the suit with a long thin skirt as long as normal and a t-shirt. No sense in wearing a suit I guess huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete