Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Heritage Christian School & Homeschooling grades

Back in 1993 we joined Heritage Christian School. www.hcssd.org I had two kids in school and one wasn't reading very well. My oldest son was in fifth grade and his younger brother should have been about third grade. My younger son wasn't reading very well and I needed help. Turns out he had a lot of learning disabilities and needed six months of vision therapy.

We go to Class Days twice a month. I have helped in various areas such as playground duty, nursery, clean-up team, Kindergarten teacher, Art 1-3 lead teacher and Science 1-3 lead teacher. They keep our records and act as an umbrella between us and the government. They also offer SAT prep classes and high school courses for my older kids. Jesse took Honors Chemistry this year and received a B+. We have promotion and graduation ceremonies, field trips, clubs, and just all kinds of fun stuff.

Anyways, the not so fun stuff is to keep track and turn in our grades four times a year. This week our fourth quarter grades are due. Ugh! I have six children that homeschool so I need to go through each of their subjects, figure out what they've done, and what grade they've earned. It's the part of homeschooling I hate the most. Okay, phonics is second, but figuring out grades is defintely tops in my book. At least I can now do all of this online, so no more filling out endless amounts of paper. I finished Joel & John last night since they're the easiest.

Joel's subjects were:
Phonics
Penmanship (Manuscript)
Mathematics
Science (Class Day)
Art (Class Day)
PE
Bible

John's subjects were:
Phonics
Reading
Penmanship (Manuscript)
Mathematics
Science (Class Day)
Music (He started piano lessons again)
Art (Class Day)
Bible
PE (Class Day & home)

No comments:

Post a Comment