Thursday, June 7, 2007

Board Games

Do you play board games with your children? I do. My six year old son LOVES board games. His favorite right now is Scrabble, Jr. He also loves Connect Four, Trouble, and Guess Who? I just bought some Quizmo games. They're educational bingo games. The ones that came are the Sight Word Sets 1 & 2. I found they have a web site so I went to it and ordered the phonics game and some math games. I figure it will be a way that we can "do school" in the summer while having fun at it. I also bought him Boggle, Jr. to help him with his letter recognition.

My seventeen year old son loves Risk. I don't know how to play Risk, but I've heard once you play you're addicted; especially if you're competitive. I'm not, but my husband is. Last night our youth pastor and our pastor's son (late 20's-early 30's) were over until 11pm playing Risk with Jesse. They have Risk parties.

When we go camping or on a Friday night Steve and I will play Dominoes. On July 4th last year we played dominoes for about five hours. Sarah played with us and we had a blast.

What games does your family enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment