Friday, June 22, 2007

DLT & GGG

Jesse, (17) our third son, oldest at home is on a DLT trip with our youth pastor and some older teen guys from church. What is DLT you ask? Down Low Trip. Last year they went camping and fishing with no facilities. They weren't allowed to shave, bathe, brush teeth, wear deoderant or any of the things that make it so we can stand each other. Jesse cheated though and brushed his teeth and wore deoderant until he was caught! Then he had to go without and be a manly man.

Yesterday he left for this year's DLT and I think they went to Palm Springs to a timeshare. The girls aren't supposed to know where the guys are going and since Sarah qualifies as a girl, I didn't get to know either (because I would tell her) except through what Steve told me. So we're envisioning them sleeping through the morning hours, swimming and eating in the afternoon, and playing Risk until the wee hours of the morning. What a life......................

Now Sarah is going on a GGG. What is GGG you ask? Well Sarah isn't even sure what it stands for. Is it Godly Girls Get-Away? Girls Godly Get-Away? They're taking the rough road this year. They're going camping for a night with a pregnant leader! This oughta be fun!!!

I'll report back next week how their trips went. By the way.......my house is very peaceful right now. Ssshhhh...........

1 comment:

  1. OOOH!! Those trips sound SO fun! I remember when I got to go to church camp (it was just called church camp back then, and nothing cool) it was SO fun! :)

    Have fun Jesse and Sarah!

    ReplyDelete