Saturday, January 12, 2008

All-Star Tournament

Today Joe & John had the first leg of their All-Star tournament. We started bright & early at 9am. Steve took John because John had to be there an hour early and I was to join him later. Steve drops off John, left to get a newspaper, and John's team mom calls and wants to know if I'm coming soon because John apparently grabbed soccer shorts, but not "the" soccer shorts. So I quickly get the girls dressed, rushed out the door, and didn't get done most of what I needed to before I left for the whole day. Now I'm too tired to do anything.

Joe's game ended up starting almost an hour later than it was supposed to due to referee game conficts which put our day ending an hour later. Making me a tired mommy because sitting on the sidelines with two little girls under two who think they should be out of their stroller and exploring the world were with me. They don't sleep well unless they're at home in their cribs. Anna will sleep better than Adah, but orphange life has definitely taken its toll on them. Finally Steve has to take over and force them to rest.

We went to lunch at a local Italian restaurant since there really wasn't enough time to go home between games. It was a wonderful way to recoup and go back to watch the next game. Joe's team is so talented that they just smear the other teams. He even sat out for a while (he's the biggest & fastest boy on his team) and they still won like 6-0.

Adah had one of the dad's in stitches. Steve's phone rang and he answered it. When he did, Adah took her hand and held it to her ear and babbled like she was saying "hello." He was having such a good time with her. She is quite animated and so adorable that everyone thinks she's an absolute doll baby. (If you doubt what I say just look at the pictures below in her red dress and I think you'll agree. :0) )

Now I'm home and have devoured See's candies and hot tea. I'm going to bed soon while Steve watches football. I was up late last night with Adah. For some weird reason she started crouping, just out of the blue. I have learned that when children croup, you turn off the heat and open the windows and doors to get the cold air in. For me that has always worked and it worked last night. I finally put her to bed about midnight. I was willing to sleep on the couch with her, but she needs her crib and was way over stimulated with me. So off she went and off I went into dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment