Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Fruitful Day

Today we were able to get more immigration/Homeland Security paperwork done. I went to the USCIS office in downtown San Diego and handed in our notarized homestudy and other paperwork needed for our I-171H and our fingerprinting appointment. While I was sitting there the worker asked me if I could go today. I looked at her with a blank stare. I totally thought she was asking if I wanted to go to Ethiopia today. When I came to my senses I realized she was asking if I wanted to get my fingerprints done today. I did!

I went out to my van which was parked a few blocks away and called Steve. He reminded me that we need Jesse to have his fingerprints done also. I head back to the building and talk to the worker again and she gave me a different paper that had all three of our names on it.

Since the girls were sleeping and Sarah was okay with me going I headed to Chula Vista to another USCIS office. The wait wasn't too bad. Last time we went it took hours. It was only about fifteen minutes this time. Steve met me there and then we ate lunch together at Weinerschnitzel.

Now we just have need Jesse to have his prints taken and we can get our needed document two weeks later. That will be the last thing we need to do paper wise.

I went home and picked the kids up for their piano lessons. After dropping off the piano kids; five of us headed back to look for Ethiopian churches. I found two of them. One meets in another church and one has its own building. One is evangelical and one is orthodox. I'm not sure how we should dress when we go so I need to email or call and ask. I think in the orthodox church I would have to wear a head scarf like they do in Ethiopia. At least I have not one! but two! Our adoption agency set me one and I received one when I went to adoption training last April. www.kingdomkidsadoption.org

Tonight we had chicken stir-fry. I cut up six pounds of chicken breasts and stir-fried it in some olive oil. It's so easy to cut when it's a little frozen. Made twelve cups of rice and fried up some frozen stir-fry veggies. Added Yoshida sauce to the chicken and it was so yummy!!!!

Tomorrow Joel has a tooth pulled. The girls are going to the doctor. Steve is taking them for me since their appt. is at the same time as Joel's. I'm not sure they don't have ear infections, and Adah is coughing so bad she is throwing up at times, so I want them to get checked. Leaving the window open helped with the croup, but the cold air made their colds a little nastier, I'm afraid.
I also get my hair done and we have Awana. Busy day!

2 comments:

  1. I miss Weinerschnitzel and Sees. *sigh* But I miss YOU even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny about you thinking the worker wanting you to go to Ethiopia Today, and you giving her a blank look.

    God bless you all and keep well.

    ReplyDelete