Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sick kids & more fun stuff

I've been busy this week with sick kids. Actually I've been busy for the last month with sick kids. I took Anna & Adah in to the dr. on Wednesday because they both had green runny noses and I thought they might have ear infections. Anna had a double ear infection, and Adah was grunting when she was breathing. Both girls were screaming & crying LOUDLY when the dr. came near them. What fun! Adah had her oxygen saturation level tested and got down to 86 so she got a breathing treatment right there in the office! We came home with antibiotics for Anna, Prednisone and an inhaler/nebulizer for Adah.

Joel has been sick off and on. Friday he was on with a fever. Today he was better. John is now sick with a fever, this of course came on while we had a living room full of people for the Charger/New England game.

Anna now loves to say, "Mom!" "Mom!" "Mom!" I say "What!?" and she smiles. Then she does it again. I think she is just pleased as punch with herself that she can say a word in English and I understand her.

Last night both girls slept all night. We haven't had a night like that in months! I half-thought something was seriously wrong, but didn't want to check incase they were really okay, and didn't want to wake them. You know what I'm talking about if you've ever had kids or watched kids and you've savored your quiet time.

Joe's All-Star U12 team won today. That makes them the East County Champs! Joe had an 8am game today and got a hat trick. That's three goals in one game for you non-soccer people. Joe's team is undefeated and no goals scored against them. We now go on to another tournament in a different part of the area. Go Lakeside!!!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you posted today, I was begining to worry.God bless you all, and stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just googled prednisone, the side affects are hideous, LOOK OUT.
    you are all in my prayers. I was watching ER last Thursday and they mentioned on the show, that people who are prayed for get well much faster than people who aren't prayed for.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete