Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday

I stayed home from church today with Joel & the girls because Joel has a cold. He stayed in his room and played video games since he doesn't usually have the player to himself. While the girls napped I watched a taped Kids By the Dozen on the Sentmann Family. (seventeen children-oldest is 30) and opened the new box of See's candies. :0)

We had 10 Bean Soup for lunch. My friend Debbie had given me two bags of beans with an attached recipe. I used the second of our Christmas ham bones and had quite the tasty lunch. Jesse, Sarah & Aaron reluctantly gave up going to In & Out to come home and eat bean soup. Aaron not a fan of bean soup thought it was pretty tasty as far as bean soup goes. I added some dashes of hot sauce to mine to make it yummier.

I need to go over our schoolwork since we've been off for three weeks. We'll start cracking the books tomorrow. Oh joy.................I've been home schooling since 1988, let's see that's nineteen years, will be twenty in June. I kind of like just being 'mom' and not schoolteacher, but we'll readjust tomorrow and make do.

Yesterday I put the girls' Lifebooks in order. It was quite the process. I've been accumulating paper, paper, and more paper. Hopefully this has tamed some of that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Vikki,

    What about the recipe for those Taco's you mention in one of your other blogs.

    ReplyDelete