Thursday, January 3, 2008

Busy Times

Life has been going by at a furious pace. I can hardly hold on sometimes!

This past weekend John & Joe had a soccer tournament. Each game was about twenty minutes in length, but we had four-to-five games each day. Joe's team ended up winning the tournament for their division. This next weekend we have the start of the All-Star games. I know if it rains I will stay home!

Joel is sick and hopefully doesn't turn into the mono that James has. He snuggled into bed with us last night, but I ended up sleeping on the couch because I can't stand to be in the middle; it makes me claustrophobic.

I've started making lifebooks for the girls. I'm using pretty binders with report covers. A place for them to have all their paperwork together. It will actually help me in the long run. You can imagine all the paper I deal with for four adoptions. I'll work on the pretty & decorative aspects of them later. Right now it's all about getting the paperwork in its proper place.

Adah is now walking along the furniture and behind something she can push. She started standing by herself for about fifteen seconds yesterday! Hard to believe her legs have come such a long way in just four months!

I have two New Year Resolutions. One is to cook dinner at least five nights a week if not six. Steve and I usually go out at least one night a week. I've done good so far! Red Beans & Rice with cast-iron skillet cornbread on New Years and Potato Soup with homemade yeast rolls yesterday. Today we'll have Carne Asada Tacos. Yum! The other is to read my Bible every day. Good intentions don't always bring forth fruit so now I have to tell myself that I need to read my Bible each day, every day.

I have been taping Adoption Stories, Multiple Birth Stories, Quints, John & Kate Plus 8, etc... There was a couple from Australia on the Multiple Birth Story show that I watched. You think you're busy? They have eight children 3 1/2 and younger! Their oldest is 3 1/2, the quads are thirteen months, then they had quads again, but one was still born, so she had three babies from that pregnancy. They want more children as soon as they can get them! Wow! They even hang their laundry each day. I think of them and have little reason to be tired! :0)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Happy New Year,

    I'm getting tired just reading about how busy you all are, I used to have natural energy, now I have to depend on One A day, All Day Energy, really works.

    Ada is walking...that's great!!!

    Sure hope Joel feels better, it is comforting to know he's snug in his bed.

    ReplyDelete