Thursday, February 21, 2008

Schooling

I've been catching up on grades and lesson planning. I have found that I wasn't at all diligent in keeping up with what was expected of the children and whether they did it or not. Now I am getting on top of the game and some of my kids are doing multiple lessons a day in certain subjects.

I have felt overwhelmed lately with the amount of work needing to be done by me; one person. Even though my family helps tremendously there are still things that only mom can do or decisions that mom can make. Did you know in Ethiopia the lady of the house had a maid for the cleaning and a cook? I think I need a cook, laundress, housecleaner, teacher, nanny, chauffer.......................As long as we stay home and don't waste our time we can get usually get everything done.

How does one go from answering Algebra questions to phonics to changing diapers all in the span of fifteen minutes? By being flexible, with God's help, and a little insanity helps.

2 comments:

  1. I'll do the laundry and the cooking:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there done that! I find I have to 'catch up' a couple of times a year.

    ReplyDelete