Saturday, February 23, 2008

Spaghetti Sauce

I make my spaghetti sauce from scratch. It's very easy and is much yummier than canned. Canned is good for quick lunches, but letting it simmer all day is just a feast waiting to happen and your mouth will love you! I make a double or triple batch of the recipe below. This recipie is from Betty Crocker's Cookbook.
I served it today and it was a hit-again!

Italian Spaghetti

1 pound hamburger (Costco sells organic hamburger!)
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 clove garlic, crushed (I use the garlic chopped in a jar)
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon oregano
3/4 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1 bay leaf
1-8 oz can tomato sauce
1-6 oz can tomato paste

Another ingredient I'll add like I did today is Italian sausage. I take the links and cut each into four pieces or so and fry them up in olive oil. When they're done I place them on paper towels to soak up the fat and then add them to the sauce.

Also, use good spaghetti. Don't use store brand. I use the kind from Costco and it's from Italy.

Top it off with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! that Spaghetti Sauce sounds really good, The best Spaghetti is Barilla, I've been told that by many Italians, enjoy your Sunday dinner.

    God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete