Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Monday

Yesterday was a productive day. James had to finish his SAT testing for our ISP. We were there all morning. He tested in reading comprehension, spelling, and some other language related subjects. I was his proctor and felt bad that I couldn't help answer his questions. Like what does this word mean? The word was opinion. He didn't know how to pronounce it so he couldn't tell what it meant. He did the best he could and that's all I expect.

After we finished we went to Olive Garden for lunch. We don't get very much one-on-one time so this was fun for both of us. I headed over to buy some shoes for our trip. I found some Skecher's Cali Girls in a bronze color, black sandals and white sandals. We then went to Costco to buy a new mattress for Joel.

Got home and unloaded groceries and the mattress. Or I should say the kids did. :-) After the girls woke up from their naps we tackled the upstairs bedrooms. Steve and Joe set up one of our old twin beds for Joel. John and Joel are now in a room and the four girls will be in a room. We have two cribs and full size bed for them. Transferred all the clothes from the closets. The only thing left to do is bring the dresser into the girls' room. Eventually we need to repaint the girls' room, but it will do for now. We can hang their personalized names on the wall too. We were getting ready to do that months ago, but put it off when we decided to adopt again.

I think we just need shoes and sweaters/hoodies for the girls; clothing wise. Anna & Adah have two darker skinned Cabbage Patch dolls that haven't been opened so I'm taking those to Addis & Abi. Our church gave us homemade blankets for the girls and three to donate to an orphanage.

Just trying to finalize all the stuff we have to do. I did pick up beef jerky and trail mix. Steve picked up some nuts and trail mix too. He doesn't anticipate eating much over there. I'll eat, the food at the Hilton just wasn't very tasty when we were there. We're staying at the Sheraton so maybe it will be different, but we're going prepared.

1 comment:

  1. Today your blog was really informative... and sounds like you been busy. Did you ever find out the girls sizes & shoe size?
    I wish could have contributed some funds for your cause, but things are really tight around here. What date are you leaving? Can’t wait till warmer weather I need to paint too.
    God bless you in all that you do... May everything go smoothly I know you'll be prepared
    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete