Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Testing & Mom's Taxi

Mom's taxi had to take off promptly at 7:40am the last two mornings to take Sarah to testing, and return by noon each day. She missed last week because she was sick. Each way was about twenty-five miles, plus waiting time in the car because we were early. (You've heard the saying, "Early is on time and on time is late?") Needless to say we are sick of the car!

She was forty-five minutes late getting out yesterday so that put us behind. We were late for piano. Thank you, Lord, that we have such a gracious piano teacher!

On the flip side I was able to talk to a friend that I traveled to D.C. with a few years ago. We went with the 8th graders from our ISP. I had taken Jesse & Sarah and she took her daughter.

We went back and forth to Costco for lunch afterwards. We had to go in shifts because two of my piano players hadn't eaten and needed to so they could concentrate on their lesson. We stopped long enough to get them something to eat, dropped them off at piano and came back to Costco.

After we picked them up and dropped Sarah off we went to the grocery store for organic whole milk. We pick Sarah up and then went to Costco.
Needless to say I was pooped!

BLT's were the menu for the night because they were relatively easy. Tonight it's pork chops. Yum!!!!

Still waiting on an embassy date and the girl's birth certificates. We can't reserve tickets until we know the correct spelling of Addis' name. I've seen it spelled Addis, Addisse, and Addissu. So who knows? Their rash guards came in the mail yesterday. So now they have board shorts and a rash guard so they can swim at the Hilton in Addis. I picked up some socks. I think the only thing we REALLY need for them are shoes. I have no idea what size they wear so it will be a guestimate and I've been putting it off.

Sarah has her first behind-the-wheel drivers training today. She's scared and excited all at the same time. She's scared of being in a car with someone she doesn't know for three hours, two days in a row, and excited to be behind the wheel. I fear for her coming up and down our road. I hate it when we have new drivers.......I'll go through this nine more times as long as we live where we do.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks again for the pictures!

    I'm sure every thing will work out for Sarah. Good to hear you got a hold of the bike shorts, so the girls can go swimming. When you mentioned the Hilton, I wonder if that's the same Hilton you stayed at before and posted pictures of?:(

    My sister mentioned that the road you live on is treacherous and is frequented by quite a few drunk drivers.

    Take Care enjoy those Pork Chops!

    Oh almost forgot, On Tuesday night on the Michael Savage show, he mentioned the attack on home schooling there in California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the pictures!

    I'm sure every thing will work out for Sarah. Good to hear you got a hold of the bike shorts, so the girls can go swimming. When you mentioned the Hilton, I wonder if that's the same Hilton you stayed at before and posted pictures of?:(

    My sister mentioned that the road you live on is treacherous and is frequented by quite a few drunk drivers.

    Take Care enjoy those Pork Chops!

    Oh almost forgot, On Tuesday night on the Michael Savage show, he mentioned the attack on home schooling there in California.

    ReplyDelete